Blue Diamond Blueberry Almond Port Crumble: –Original Recipe by Sara Lehman
“The Blueberry Almonds are addicting on their own, but when sprinkled into a crumble they add a perfect berry-licious crunch”!
Crumb Topping: Yield: 1: 8×10 Glass Baking Pan
1/2 c Butter
1c Brown Sugar
3/4 c Oatmeal (Steel cut oats)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
Berry and Port Mixture:
½ Lb Frozen Triple Berry Mix
½ Bottle Port Wine
Method of Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Take all crumb ingredients and blend in small food processor or with dough cutter. Ensure butter is still in small chunks and not completely blended or “creamed”.
2. In a skillet, heat a small amount of butter, cinnamon, and the berries until juicy and soft, but not melted or dissolved.
3. Pour in port and simmer on low for a few minutes, or until mixture looks slightly thicker
4. Once oven is heated, place in oven for 20 minutes. Check and see if top is nicely browned but not fully done
5. While the crisp is in the oven, rough chop the blueberry almonds
6. Before completely done, sprinkle the almonds over the crumble, and bake another 5-7 minutes
7. Let cool in pan for 5-6 minutes before serving