Sara has over a decade working in restaurants from Back of the House to Front of the House Management before moving onto the Sommelier and Event Planning side.
Now working over five years for Luxury Residential Properties creating communities, building events programs, and offering luxury events to many buildings. Somm In The City ™ is at your service for Wine Tastings, Mixology Classes, Bartending, Menu Consulting, Resident Retention Programming, and more!
Offering in person as well as virtual events, you can always have amazing experiences with us! I specialize in Luxury Residential Events however with over a decade of event planning, I have my hands in many other areas including in home tastings, hotel events, luxury destination spas, and travel planning. Looking for that perfect gift? Want to host a great bridal shower? Bachelorette Party Tasting? Let Somm In The City ™ bring the best in entertaining to you!
- Corporate Tastings
- Luxury Residential Events & Programming
- Guest Sommelier Services
- In Home Tastings & Experiences
- Mixology Classes, Pop Up Bar’s
- Vendor/Consumer Shopping Events
- Travel Planning & Winery Visits
Virtual & In-Person Tastings
Virtual & In-Person Tastings are great for parties, team building activities, as well as gatherings where you want to entertain, but enjoy your time with the people you love. Sara brings or sends you all materials needed, as well as wines, or cocktail kits, to ensure we all have the same “mis en place” (a culinary term for everything in its place).
Virtual tastings are about an hour long, and are tons of fun, mixed with education, plenty of Instagram-able moments, and sometimes even trivia!
In person tastings are 1.5-2 hours, and are great for Luxury Buildings, Corporate Offices, Holiday Gatherings, and Special Occasions.
Popular Wine topics include Wine 101, Old World vs New World, Wine and Chocolate Pairings, and so much more!
Popular Spirits topics include Seasonal Cocktails, Whiskey and Chocolate, Holiday Cocktails, Margarita Madness, and Tequila and Chocolate Pairings.
We’ve now also added: Wine and Olive Oil Tastings! This is becoming very popular, and in demand. Great for those who imbibe and those who don’t too.
Want to find out more about virtual or in person tastings? Shoot me an email! Shoot me an email!
Residential Buildings & Corporate Clients
Luxury Residential Property seeking some amazing Resident Retention Programming? How about a wine tasting or mixology class? We bring it right to you!
- Corporate Office Tastings – Looking to bring team building and an elevated experience to your office? Have clients coming in and you want to offer them something outstanding? Sara can bring you an elevated wine tasting or cocktail class with food, to your office or meeting space.
- Pop Up Bars – A more casual style event, great for luxury residential buildings, as well as holiday gatherings! Here as long as you have an amenity space, rooftop, or somewhere for a party, Sara can bring a great experience to you! Pop Up Bars are a great experience for your residents to relax, unwind, and learn a little bit about wine or cocktails.
- Mixology & Wine Tastings- These are great for gathering your community or co-workers. Wine brings people together and so do cocktails, we offer sit down style wine classes as well as demonstration style classes too. Whatever the space you have, we can make a really fun wine or mixology class happen!
- Olive Oil 101 with Wine & Cheese- One of our newest and most popular classes, this session is a lot of delicious fun. We begin with a welcome wine, and introduce you to different olive oils. We sniff, sip, and learn to taste the differences in the oils, and sometimes we even have a producer in town with us! This class takes your palate on a journey of all the senses, and is a lot of fun.
Content Creation, Brand Ambassador, & Guest Sommelier Experiences
Sara provides plenty of content creation opportunities from recipe development to blog posts, to on air and camera appearances, and more!
- Recipe Development with Food and Wine Pairings – Great for brands who want to be included in other styles of posts, great for brands who are “ingredient additions” to recipes, as well as chocolates, cheeses, charcuterie, and so much more. Includes high-res photos, full recipe, blog post, and Instagram Posting. Video or Reel content upon request.
- Cocktail Recipe Development – Great for spirits brands who want some content creation and some new cocktail recipes everyone will enjoy. Includes high-res photos, full recipe, IG Post. Video or Reel content upon request.
- On Air & On Camera Sommelier – Sara has experience being in front of the camera, and can easily talk about your brand with confidence, and passion whenever you need a Wine and Wine Pairing Expert!
- Guest Sommelier For Your Property- Many hotels have a featured partner every so often, and in these times where experiences are key, having a Guest Sommelier at your property can be a fun and unique surprise! From wine classes to speaking at pairing dinners and more, let us take your wine experience offerings to another level! Sara is a Guest Sommelier often at The Lodge at Woodloch, a Destination Spa and Resort in PA.