Fall flavors rock! I love this time of year (not for the pumpkin spice everything) for the fact that I break out one of my favorite Canadian Whisky’s: Crown Royal Maple! I use it in almost everything and can pretty much “kill” the bottle by the season’s end; pairing responsibly of course!
Crown Royal Maple Whisky is super smooth and integrates well into my favorite cocktail, food and cold remedy recipes. I love the sweet yet masculine aromas, the smooth and bold flavors as well as the versatility of this spirit. Use it in your favorite recipes like this Crown Royal Maple French Toast topped with Melted Brie, Caramelized Banana’s and Maple Whisky Syrup. You will “Fall” in love with this booze-infused brunch recipe!
Crown Royal Maple French Toast with Brie and Maple Whisky Syrup: by Chef Sara Lehman
1 Loaf Challah Bread (4-6 slices for two people)
1.5oz Crown Royal Maple Whisky
2tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or Extract
TT Brie (Sliced)
1Tbsp Butter (unsalted)
5oz Crown Maple Syrup (Dark Amber)
1oz Crown Royal Maple Whisky
Pinch Sea Salt
1. Slice challah bread and brie and set aside. Put oven on broil
2. Whisk eggs, vanilla, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and whisky together until well combined
3. Dip the challah slices into the whisked mixture and coat both sides (let excess egg mixture drip off slices back into bowl)
4. In a sauté pan on medium heat, place the coated challah slices in the pan and brown on each side, cooking fully. While the french toast is cooking this an ideal time to whisk the maple syrup with the whisky together for serving
5. Take the hot french toast slices and arrange them on a platter (preferably one that can go in the oven). This is also a good time to caramelize the banana’s: Slice and place in sauté pan (can be one used for french toast). Cook until soft, and serve over french toast.
6. Place the brie slices on the french toast slices and broil for 3-5 minutes. Brie will be nicely melted and gooey in the center. Be sure to watch the toast carefully.
7. Take out of oven and serve immediately with syrup
8. Enjoy with Cider Sangria topped with Crown Royal Apple Whisky!
Always remember… eat what you like and drink what you love. Please pair responsibly!