Grilled Cheese is always a favorite. This season, greet your guests, spouse, or roommates with great grilled cheeses and wine pairings. My favorite thing to do is try and find new ways to pair many of my favorite wines. I paired this Bolla Sparkling Rosé with a White Peach, Brie, and Basil Grilled Cheese.
Every Sunday the Farmers Market hits Stuyvesant Town and I am there when it opens. Bread Alone makes Organic Sourdough that is out of this world. A loaf lasts a week, which is great for my grilled cheese obsession and tasty experiments!
White Peach, Brie, and Basil Grilled Cheese: Recipe by Sara Lehman
1 White Peach (flatter ones work better for slicing)
3-4 Basil Leaves
Honey (Organic preferred but not required)
Method of Preparation:
1. Slice the white peaches, brie, and basil into thin slices and set aside
2. Slice your bread (if not sliced already)
3. On a grill pan or saute pan, place a small amount of butter and place bread slices on top of melting butter
4. Layer the brie on one side, then the peaches, then the basil. Make sure to only put on one side of the bread
5. Place other “empty” bread slice on top to make sandwich, and wait 2-3 minutes. Flip over, and cook on other side for 2-3 minutes until desired melting of cheese and doneness.
6. Plate, cut, and lightly drizzle with honey
7. Pair with the Bolla Sparkling Rosé
The Rosé with this Grilled Cheese is fantastic. Sparkling wine and any fried or fatty food does incredibly well as a pairing, but because of the playful berries in this wine, the white peaches and creamy brie really bring out striking raspberry and candied strawberry notes. The bubbles cut through the creaminess, and the honey and basil bring it all together.
A symphony of flavors envelop your mouth, and make this one perfect pairing!